Call for Abstracts and Papers/Presentations Biennial Conference
CAPAM 2018 Biennial Conference – Call for Abstracts and Papers/PresentationsThe Commonwealth Association for Public Administration and Management (CAPAM) invites submissions from academics, senior public servants and consultants with expertise in public service innovation for inclusion in the CAPAM 2018 Biennial Conference programme. In an initial stage, submissions should take the form of abstracts for the presentation of papers, workshops, case studies, colloquia, etc. The CAPAM 2018 Biennial Conference is scheduled 22-24 October 2018, in Georgetown, Guyana.
Conference ThemePlease be sure to consult the Concept Paper to ensure submissions fit within one of the sub-themes and overall conference concept.
Submission GuidelinesCAPAM invites submission of abstracts for original papers, seminars, workshops and case studies that inform theoretical and policy discussion of public service innovation practices for presentation at the CAPAM 2018 Biennial Conference and, in some cases, publication in CAPAM’s quarterly Commonwealth Innovations Review (CIR). Submissions must relate to the conference theme. CAPAM encourages presenters to use multiple, interactive formats in the delivery of conference sessions wherever possible. These may include but are not limited to video clips, PowerPoint presentations and group discussions.
- 2 April 2018: deadline for authors/presenters to submit abstracts electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15 April 2018: CAPAM completes its review of abstracts and communicates acceptance decisions to corresponding authors to invite submission of complete papers
- 30 June 2018: Authors/presenters submit full papers to CAPAM electronically to email@example.com
- 15 July 2018: CAPAM completes its review of invited papers and communicates acceptance decisions to corresponding authors
- An email confirming receipt with an assigned number will be sent to the corresponding author/presenter for each submission. Authors whose abstracts and papers have been accepted by CAPAM will be notified by e-mail
Submission Guidelines: Abstracts, PapersThe abstract (due 2 April 2018) must be between 500 and 600 words and have a cover page with names of all authors and their institutional affiliations along with the title of the submission, the associated sub-theme and the proposed session format (i.e. presentations of primary research, seminars, workshops, case studies, etc.). Preference will be given to interactive sessions that incorporate visuals (ex. dynamic PowerPoint, video, animation) and audience participation. Please include the following in the abstract:
- state the issue to be addressed
- describe the relevance to the conference sub-theme
- identify the intellectual framework that will be used for analysis/discussion
- identify the main data sources supporting the paper, and
- state the main implication for practices in public services
- describe the intended format for the presentation
- a list of key words may be included
The full paper (due 30 June 2018, for abstracts accepted by CAPAM) should not exceed 5000 words, excluding references and appendices, and should have a cover page including the following:
- submission title
- associated conference sub-theme
- names of all authors
- institutional affiliation of author(s)
- full contact information including the email address of all author(s).
All submissions of abstracts and full papers must be in English in Microsoft Word or PDF format, and will only be accepted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the case where papers will be included in CAPAM’s publication, the Commonwealth Innovations Review, CAPAM will request that the document be provided in Microsoft Word format. Images embedded in the document must be accompanied by separate high-resolution images and vector (or editable) graphics for illustrations and/or charts.
All submissions are reviewed for suitability, academic rigor and writing quality of the work, as well as whether the submission meets the criteria as outlined above.
- Due to the number of attendees expected at the conference, concurrent sessions will be held, with each lasting 1.5 hours. All conference rooms will be equipped with a computer and projection capability.
- CAPAM will obtain author permissions for those conference papers selected for publication in Commonwealth Innovation Review.
- All those selected as presenters for the CAPAM 2018 Biennial Conference are responsible for their own travel expenses.