Call for Nomination for the CAPAM Board of Directors
Introduction:As an association of Commonwealth members, CAPAM has benefited from the strong support of a highly esteemed group of Directors from countries and organisations across the Commonwealth at senior administrative levels.
CAPAM’s slate of Board of Directors for the 2018 – 2020 term will be presented for election at the next General Members Meeting (GMM), to be held October 21, 2018 at the CAPAM Biennial Conference in Georgetown, Guyana.
On behalf of the Nominating Committee, this notice serves to recruit nominees for a two-year term commencing following the 2018 GMM and ending at the next CAPAM Biennial Conference in 2020.
Considerations:To be nominated and elected to the CAPAM Board of Directors, candidates must fit the following profile:
- Be 18 years of age or older with power under the law to contract. All Directors, save and except a number of “at large” Directors, not to exceed one third (1/3) of the total number of Directors, must be:
- Be a resident of a country among the Commonwealth of Nations;
- Be a Member Designate of an Institutional Member which is a ministry, department or agency within any level of government;
- Have the financial support of his/her respective government or institution to sit on the Board and to attend Board meetings such support being evidenced in a manner prescribed by the Board (see below);
- Be capable of representing CAPAM to raise its profile;
- Be capable of assisting CAPAM in achieving its financial and operational goals.
- Perspectives from all five regions of the Commonwealth (The Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific);
- Candidates from developing and developed countries;
- A broad range of experience and expertise in key aspects of Public Service leadership, management and administration.
- Directors and/or their institutions are responsible for the cost of travel and accommodation to attend Board Meetings and other CAPAM related events.
Nomination Procedure:The Nominations Committee requires a nomination in writing from the nominating institutional member.
Please submit the following with your nomination:
- A brief outline including:
- Name, title and contact information for the nominee
- Qualifications, experience or reasons for the nomination to the Board of Directors
- Overview of how the nominee might strengthen and advance the objectives of the Commonwealth Association for Public Administration and Management
- A curriculum vitae outlining relevant professional and public service experience
- A letter of support from the nominees home organisation or government indicating their support of the nomination
c/o Gay Hamilton,
Executive Director, CEO
291 Dalhousie Street, Suite 202
Ottawa, ON Canada K1N 7E5
All nominations must be received no later than October 5, 2018.